the perfect match...
... our "Devilish Mephisto Weekend"! Here you find more information.
Faust – The Rock Opera on the Brocken Part II
The topic of Faust has been present in Germany for over 500 years. Goethe first published the work in 1808. It remains one of the most significant works in German literary history to this day.
FAUST – THE ROCK OPERA on the Brocken, produced by Manthey Event GmbH and spectacularly staged, remains true to Goethe’s original texts. The libretto was written by Dr. Rudolf Volz, who composed the music an he was also responsible for the staging production. Experience the unique mix of classic theatre and modern rock music through this magnificent musical staging with live band. You will be enthralled by the brilliant cast, striking costumes and perfectly coordinated scenery. The first part of the rock opera has been being performed in what must be Germany’s highest theatre (1146m), the Goethesaal on the Brocken, since 2006.
Witness how Mephisto makes a pact with Faust for his soul in order to find the meaning of life. Experience a tour through the world of sensual pleasures, love, betrayal and forgiveness.
Since 2010, we have also been performing the tragedy of the second part with just as much success.
Faust II is considered the pinnacle of world literature and was only published after Goethe’s death in 1832. The work stretches to five volumes, with 8,000 rhyming verses. Experience Faust’s odyssey through the apparently wide world between antiquity, the Middle Ages and the modern age, between dream and utopia, between war and creation, to heavenly salvation.
Enjoy an unforgettable event with a nostalgic train ride on the Mephisto Express, a devilish Mephisto meal at the Brockenwirt restaurant and the combination of classic theatre and modern rock and pop music!
Price group 1: €97.66
Price group 2: €95.66
Price group 3: €92.66
Description of services:
- Return journey with the Mephisto Express steam train from Wernigerode to the Brocken (you can join the train at Wernigerode Westerntor, Wernigerode Hasserode, Drei Annen Hohne or Schierke stations on request)
- Devilish entertainment during the journey
- Welcome ‘Mephisto drink’ to get the evening off to a good start
- Interesting tour guide during the journey
- Unforgettable performance in the Goethesaal of the Brockenhotel
- Devilish ‘Mephisto meal’ at the Brockenwirt restaurant
Times* for the afternoon shows
|Wernigerode at around 1:50 pm|
|At around 8:00 pm starts the return from the Brocken||Wernigerode at around 9:30 pm|
Times* for the evening shows
|Wernigerode at around 5:50 pm|
|At around 0:00 am starts the return from the Brocken||Wernigerode at around 1:30 am|
* Bitte beachten Sie, dass es sich hierbei um ungefähre Abfahrtszeiten handelt. Geringfügige Abweichungen sind möglich!
Bitte wenden Sie sich für weitere Informationen an unseren Kundenservice unter Tel.: 03943/ 558145, Fax: 03943/ 558155, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.